Executive Director - Posner Center
The Posner Center for International Development (posnercenter.org) is a collaborative workspace that brings together 60+ development-oriented businesses and organizations so that they may exchange ideas, cut costs, improve their products and services, and explore the potential of collaboration in the field of development. The Posner Center’s mission is to build a community of innovators who grow lasting solutions to global poverty and its vision is to be the leader of collaborative international development.
We’re seeking an inspiring, visionary, and talented individual to be the next Executive Director of this unique, 25,000-square- foot shared space in the Curtis Park neighborhood of Denver. The Board of Directors, alongside the community of tenants/partners, has created an exciting vision for the Posner Center and is now seeking a dynamic individual who has the passion and skills to implement this vision and move the Posner Center through its next chapter of growth.
· Strategic Visioning: Help clarify, modify, plan for and implement 1-, 2-, and 5-year strategic and innovative visions for the Posner Center.
· Leadership: In addition to the Executive Director, the Posner Center has several staff members who play integral roles in the maintenance and operations of both the space and programming. The ideal candidate should be skilled in the development of clear work plans, and should have the ability to manage staff towards outcomes.
· Fundraising: As a collaborative workspace, the Posner Center is in a unique position to receive earned income from rents paid by tenants. However, fundraising is required to support existing, and grow new, programming. Fundraising for the Posner Center includes grant writing, individual donor cultivation/management, corporate sponsorship/partnerships, and events.
· External Community-Building: While the primary focus of the Posner Center and its tenant partners is on international development, there remains a strong emphasis on engagement with communities in Denver, Colorado, the United States, and globally. External community building includes relationship maintenance within Denver’s Curtis Park neighborhood, where the Posner Center is located, as well as coordination with similar collaborative workspaces and other centers for global/international development. Internally, the Executive Director must nurture and maintain relationships within the Posner communication and with the Board of Directors.
· Internal Relationship/Community-Building: The Executive Director also builds and maintains relationships with tenant partners to ensure that the values of partnership and collaboration are upheld within the Posner Center.
· Significant experience working/living internationally–with experience in the developing world preferred;
· Cross-cultural communication skills;
· Proven leadership experience;
· Proven visionary;
· Inspiring management style;
· Community-building experience;
· Dynamic oral and written communicator;
· Ability to present budgets and operational items to a Board of Directors
· Marketing and communications background
· Public relations
· Strategic planning experience; and
· Intergenerational leadership/management approach
· Staff management experience
· Experience managing logistics/operations of a shared work/co-working space
· Financial management experience
· Advocacy background or experience building and maintaining strategic partnerships
· Monitoring and evaluation expertise, especially with collective impact.
· Connected within the Colorado political and business community
· Political savvy
Compensation and Schedule
This is a full-time position that includes periodic evening/weekend hours. Compensation will range between $70,000 - $80,000 commensurate with experience.